Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grace Like Rain

July 5th, 2009

Today was a good day. Well as good as it could get for the conditions I suppose. It wasn't to hot, It was Sunday, and as far as I can tell no one got hurt. I had the opportunity to go to the evening service this week which I haven't been able to do since I got here and it was great. Very much like our church back in Colorado. We even got a chance to have communion, which surprisingly enough they made it very much like a normal communion as opposed to the usual Army field expedient way of doing things. We even sang a praise song after it just like back home which made me feel, if only for a moment, like it was normal.

Tonight the Chaplin talked about David and how GOD chose him for what was on the inside and not on the outward appearance. I know right, most people know he wasn't the biggest and baddest of the sons but he had what it took on the inside and GOD could see it. Of all the people in the Bible he is a man that most can relate to. He was a man that was not always the best example but yet he was a man after GODs own heart. He had a colorful life but yet was a man we all look up to because he was able to see his own flaws, see that he was human, and repent and continue on serving the LORD.

A man after GODs own heart but only by the Grace of GOD. We should all be so lucky as to be called that one day. I would hope that one day that can be said about me, not by man but by GOD when it comes my turn to join him. What a great complement it would be for him to say you were on the a strange and wayward path but then you turned it around and you were a man after my own heart. Can you imagine? I don't plan to live the rest of my life spotless and without sin because that is impossible. I would however like to do the best I can do to seek after HIS heart and do what he has called me to do.

The song we sung was a popular one "Grace Like Rain" by Todd Agnew. I will never forget the first time I was at CCES and the praise band played it. I had been wanting to just sing one old fashion hymn and they started to play it and I was so excited to sing Amazing Grace, the one song that really always hits home for me (and a lot of others), and then they switched it up on me. Never the less it brings it all together for me the in that version. It takes the old (Amazing Grace) and merges it with the new (Grace Like Rain) and makes an amazing song that brings me to the point of tears almost every time. The old and the new, we will never get rid of the old completely but GOD can wash us clean and make us a new. We can still keep our humor, or style, or personality but now he can use it for his purpose. Thank you LORD for GRACE LIKE RAIN.

Jason

No comments: