Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Father Loves

June 21st, 2009 (Fathers Day)

I was woke up this morning bright and early (5am) because I was needed at work. So I went in and stayed even though it was 3 hours prior to my shift starting. During our change over brief they reminded us that it was Fathers Day.....Hooray. So happy Fathers Day Dad (and everyone else whose a dad).

Its already Sunday here so off to service I went. Wasn't to sure what to expect since every place is different and this was our 1st Sunday in J-Bad (Jalalabad, Afghanistan). It was actually really good. Excellent to be honest. You know its been a while since I can remember having tears well up in my eyes but today the Holy Spirit tugged at my heart. Chaplin Brown brought a message and of course it had to do with fathers day. He talked to us from Luke 15, if some of you don't know this is the Story of the Prodigal Son. I was never a perfect child, and like most can relate to this story. And now that I am a Father I hope to one day be able to show the same kind of love and understanding and patience that the Father did here.

I don't know what it was about the message, maybe the Chaplin delivery, maybe the fact that I am away from my family, but I think mostly I just thought back to GODs love and grace. He told a story that was familiar to me, and I am sure to several others, about falling asleep during his prayer time and getting down on himself for it. But before he even finished his story the image popped in my head about what a father would do to/for a child that fell asleep in his arms or in his presence. All a father can do, pull his child in a little closer and smile and express his love. That's the part that got me. GODs love is amazing and the fact that when we need him he will pull us close is a great expression of his unfailing love. No matter what we have done or what situation we are in right now he still loves us.

So fathers do me a favor today, on your way about your day grab a hold of your kids and pull um in for a good hug. Express to them the same love and same example GOD has given us. And Geri (pull those kids in tight for me since I can't be there). Have a great fathers day everyone.

GOD Bless

Jason

No comments: